At E D Masonry Ltd., we understand that you depend on your fireplace and chimney in the winter. For this reason, we provide a complete range of chimney repairs in Saint John. Your chimney requires regular inspections and maintenance to keep your fireplace running. When your chimney stops functioning correctly, it is essential to immediately attend to the problem to avoid worsening it and prevent health hazards such as collapsing chimneys, smoke damage and failing pieces.
Our team has years of experience in providing reliable masonry services, including chimney repairs in Saint John. When you reach out to us, we provide you with swift services and a minimum response time. Our team carefully inspects your chimney to diagnose the problem and provide suitable repairs. From fixing leaks to repairing the chimney cap, we can do it all. Please get in touch with us to schedule an appointment.
Don’t risk a fire caused by hot spots in a damaged chimney. We can provide chimney repair in Saint John that will give you peace of mind, including:
- Residential & Commercial Repairs
- New Chimney Inspections
- Prefabricated & Stainless Steel Liners
Contact E D Masonry Ltd. today to learn more about our services or to set up an appointment for chimney repair. Click here to check out some of our work!
When it’s getting close to winter time, it's very important to have your chimney inspected. Also, if you are buying a house or selling your house, call E D Masonry Ltd. to inspect your fireplace to avoid an accident because of structural or functional defects.
Our professional and effective team is dedicated to providing you with the best services and chimney repair in Saint John NB. No matter the damage or difficulty of access, we have the expertise and equipment to fix any chimney or smokestack according to the highest safety standards.
Like inspections, regular maintenance and aftercare are crucial for the health of your chimney. Inevitably at some point, a chimney clean-up procedure is required. With routine care, we can detect early signs of chimney problems and carry out suitable interventions on time. Doing so reduces the amount that you spend on repairs and replacements. Sometimes your chimney just needs minor repairs if there are cracks or other damage present. Other times, if you haven't had it repaired for a long while, you will have to have it rebuilt. When you keep up with your maintenance requirements, you don't have to worry about your chimney breaking down in the middle of the winter. We are equipped to carry out chimney maintenance in Saint John to ensure your safety and optimize its functioning.
Why are Inspections and Maintenance Important?
For chimney-owners, inspections and maintenance might seem cumbersome. However, inspections are a necessity for the safety of those on your property. Some reasons for regular chimney inspections are:
- Creosote buildup : Using your chimney produces by-products such as smoke and vapour, which ultimately form a black coating known as creosote. Creosote is highly flammable, and lack of inspections can cause its accumulation to go undetected and cause a fire.
- Harmful vapours : Winds can bring numerous items such as twigs, leaves and animal and bird nests into your chimneys. If left unchecked, the accumulation of these items will obstruct your chimney and force harmful vapours from your fireplace to enter your property.
- Worsening damage : Numerous types of damage can occur to your chimney. For instance, there might be cracks on the walls of your chimney due to use. These damages are often invisible to laypeople and can become worse over time. Extensive damage will require expensive repairs or a possible replacement.
- Optimize functioning : A chimney that hasn't been inspected for a long time will most definitely have a range of problems, such as cracked crowns and broken flue liners. This will keep your chimney from functioning optimally.
If you'd like to learn more about the importance of chimney inspections and maintenance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
At E D Masonry Ltd., our founder, Eugene Doiron, is certified by the Wood Energy Technology Transfer Inc. (WETT Inc.) . This institution offers the WETT certification program to provide training to professionals like us, who handle wood energy products and carry out the related repair, maintenance and inspection services. The certification acknowledges our ability to safely carry out these tasks and provide our clients with quality services.
Do not try to do the job by yourself. If your chimney is old, call us and we will do the repairs the right way the first time, saving you time and money.